Chris Brown [Christopher Maurice Brown] is an American Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, Dancer, and Actor who is well known for his entertaining skills. His full name is Christopher Maurice Brown. Chris was born on 5 May, 1989 in Tappahannock, Virginia, U.S. He worked in many movies and his debut movie name is “Stomp The Yard“.
And not only in movies, he also has appeared in many TV Shows as a guest and also he makes songs and writes the songs too. One of his newest song is “Go Crazy“. Another passion of him is Dancing. In many live concerts he performs dance also with singing.
In this article, you will get a closer view of Christopher Maurice Brown’s or Chris Brown’s life. So let’s get into it.
Chris Brown Wiki / Bio
|Real Name:||Christopher Maurice Brown|
|Nick Name:||Chris Brown, Breezy, CB, Chris, |
Chris Breezy, The King of R&B
|Date Of Birth:||May 05, 1989|
|Age:||32 years (As at 2021)|
|Birthplace:||Tappahannock, Virginia, U.S|
|Profession:||Singer, Rapper, Songwriter, |
Dancer, Film Actor, TV Actor,
Music Video Director
|Sun Sign / Zodiac Sign:||Taurus|
|Hometown:||Tappahannock, Virginia, U.S|
|Wife/Spouse:||Ammika Harris (Legal Wife)|
|Hobbies:||Dancing, Music, Movies, |
Water Sports, and Traveling
|School:||Merewether Heights Public School|
(located in Australia)
|College:||The University Of Sydney|
|Qualification:||First Class Honours In Veterinary Science|
Chris Brown Height / Physical Stats
Chris Brown, standing at a height of 6’ 0” (in feet inches), is a muscular American rapper. You might see him as a short in height man, but you can’t ignore the irresistible overall personality that he has build by hitting the gym and exercises for many years.
He owns dark complexion skin which makes his body look even more muscular. Black-haired Chris Brown weighs 71 kg (136.53 lbs).
He has sharp dark brown eyes which makes him on the list of most handsome music artists around the world. Chris Brown usually keeps making modifications to his hair color and body arts.
|Height:||185 cm (in centimeters)|
1.85 m (in meters)
6’ 0” (in feet inches)
|Weight:||71 kg (in kilograms)|
156.53 lbs (in pounds)
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
The concluding statement is that he is a stylish and handsome man with a well-built muscular body. Also read about Lisa Meadows.
|Spouse:||Ammika Harris (Legal Wife)|
|No. Of Children:||1 Son, 1 Daughter|
|Names Of His Children:||Son – Aeko Catori Brown|
Daughter – Royalty Brown
Chris Maurice Brown took birth to the happily married couple, Clinton Brown and Joyce Hawkins on May 5, 1989.
His father, Clinton Brown is a corrections officer at a local prison, and his mother, Joyce Hawkins is a former day care center director.
He has a loving sister, Lytrell Bundy who is a bank worker and has a quite good volume of social media followings.
Chris Brown’s passion for dancing and singing made him learn both the skills very well at a young age, at which kids usually love to play and spend time with friends.
So, it won’t amaze you that he was a member of his church choir. Besides, he used to participate in many local talent shows and he used to get awarded a really good response from his audience.
Chris Brown got signed under Jive Records in 2004 when he was just 15 years old which paved the way for his debut studio album in the following year.
He got a great achievement soon. He hit number two on US Billboard 200. Not only this, but he also got certified as double platinum by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America).
Breezy became the first male music artist (after Diddy in 1997) to make his debut music hit the top of the Billboard chart. His debut music, “Run It!” got to the top of the US Billboard Hot 100. His second album “Exclusive” (2007) also hit the top of the US Billboard Hot 100. This album also got certified as double platinum by RIAA.
In 2007, Chris Brown extended his magic to the film industry. He pursued acting with all his heart. He made his debut in the same year with the movie named “Stomp The Yard”. Following his debut movie, he featured in a famous TV series “The OC”.
He has given some amazing acting performances in numerous movies that include movies like “This Christmas” (2007), ”Takers” (2010), “Think Like A Man” (2012), and “The Battle Of The Year” (2013).
Chris Brown didn’t stop at just the film industry. He also started his own business and became a business personality too. He is the founder of the music label CBE (Chris Brown Entertainment or Culture Beyond Your Evolution) which is under Interscope Records.
His label, CBE has already been established as a reputed music label and it has signed up with many great artists such as Sabrina Antoinette, Kevin McCall, Sevyn Streeter (former RichGirl member), Joelle James, and the famous rock group U.G.L.Y.
In case that’s not enough to leave you amazed, Chris is the owner of 14 Burger King restaurants which make him a lot of profits.
Performing so well in many fields, the list of awards won by Chris Brown goes way long.
The list includes awards like 5 Billboard Music Awards, 5 Soul Train Music Awards, 14 BET Awards, NAACP Image Awards, and 3 American Music Awards. In 2009, his “Take you Down” nominated him for the Grammy Awards for the Best Male R&B Vocal Performance. Also read about Julie Nolke
Chris Brown’s Favorites
Chris Brown has been open about his preferences and revealing his favorites on social media, interviews, and other media too. Here is a list reading many favorites of this famous rapper like favorite music artist, food, sports, hobbies, and many more.
|Favorite Music Artist:||Michael Jackson, Sam Cook, |
Kim Burrell, Marvin Gaye,
Stevie Wonder, Usher,
and Donnie Hathaway
|Favorite TV Show:||The Boondocks|
|Favorite Food:||Pasta, Sushi, Lobster|
|Favorite Color:||Grey and Red|
|Favorite Hobbies & Interests:||Singing, Dancing, and |
playing video games and
some other indoor as well as outdoor games
|Favorite Sports:||Baseball, Basketball, and Football|
|Favorite Football Team:||Atlanta Falcons|
|Favorite Basketball Team:||Miami Heat|
|Favorite Car:||Not Any Specific One|
|Favorite Academic Subject:||Mathematics|
Chris Brown Albums
- Exclusive – Chris Brown’s this album was released on November 6, 2007 (CBE Records). In its very first week, over 250,000 copies of Exclusive were sold which made it stand at the fourth position in the US Billboard 200. “Exclusive” includes five singles, out of which three were on the top of the US Billboard, The album was honored by multi-platinum certificates by RIAA in the US.
- Graffiti – Breezy released “Graffiti”, another hit album on December 8, 2009 ( Jive Records ). In the first week of its release, over 102,450 copies were sold, making it hit number seven on the US Billboard 200. The sales kept touching new heights every week for many months. In March 2011 almost 340,000 copies were sold worldwide.
- F.A.M.E. – Released on March 22, 2011, F.A.M.E. is the abbreviation for Forgiving All My Enemies. This album was recorded under Jive Records. Songs of this album cover a wide variety that includes Europop, pop, hip hop, R&B, and Reggae.
- Fortune – It was released on July 3, 2012, under RCA Records. Chris was one of the producers of this album. This song got quite extra eyeballs as it had featured appearances of icons like Wiz Khalifa, Nas, & Big Sean. This album had pop and R&B, with sexual lyrics. This could be a reason for the fact that this album got some negative responses from the audience. However, it nominated Chris for the Best Urban Contemporary Album at the 55th Grammy Awards.
- X – It was released on September 16, 2014. It was recorded by CBE Entertainment and RCA Records. About 145,000 copies were sold in its first week of release taking it to number two on the US Billboard 200. In March 2015, over 400,000 copies were sold only in the United States. This album was certified platinum by RIAA. At the 2015 Grammy Awards, it was nominated for the Best Urban Contemporary Album. Besides, “New Flame” (included in X) got nominated for the Best R&B Performance and the Best R&B Song.
- Royalty – This album was released on December 18, 2015, and was recorded by CBE Entertainment and RCA Records. Brown dedicated this album to her daughter, Royalty Brown. Around 143,000 copies were sold in its first week of release and around 360,000 copies were sold by March 2016. It got the number three position on the US Billboard 200 and was certified platinum by RIAA.
- Heartbreak On A Full Moon – This album was released on October 31, 2017, on digital platforms and on CDs post three days. It includes 45 tracks. After over 500,000 units were sold in the United States alone, it was certified gold by RIAA. After Usher’s “Confessions” in 2004, Chris Brown became the first R&B male artist to achieve gold by RIAA.
- Indigo – This album was released on June 28, 2019, and it was recorded by RCA Records. He had shared some clues of this album via his social media accounts. It was shown that this album is inspired by Michael Jackson, who is the inspiration of Breezy. Many well-known music artists like Nicki Minaj, Gunna, Drake and, Justin Bieber were featured in different tracks of this album.
- Slime & B – This Slime & B album was released on May 5, 2020 sing by Chris Brown and Young Thug by the CBE under the licensing of RCA.
Chris Brown Net Worth
|Net Worth In USD:||$50 Million (Estimated)|
|Net Worth In INR:||INR 360 Crores (Approx.)|
Chris Brown makes himself to the list of the richest music artist from all around the world.
He has numerous ways of incoming money. Being a singer, rapper, songwriter, dancer, and actor, Chris has a busy schedule usually. This way he makes a huge amount of money.
He runs some side businesses that make him a big amount of money, adding to his net worth. His net worth estimated is $50 Million USD, as reported by the sources. Also read about Farina Jo.
Chris Brown’s Music Style Inspirations And Voice
Chris has never kept it secret that among his inspirations of music, Michael Jackson always dominates over others. As per sources of Billboard, Michael Jackson’s hits like “Off The Beat”, “Smooth Criminal”, and “Beat It” has left a major impact on the style of Chris Brown.
He never forgets to mention the Usher as an essential personality in his singing career. In one of his interviews, he stated that in his early days, he and the youth looked up to him. Also, as per him, had it not been Usher. Chris Brown could never exist.
The list further includes iconic artists like Marvin Gaye, R. Kelly, and many more.
Chris masters in a light lyric tenor voice. He usually creates his magic in the three and a half octaves. His mother, Joyce Hawkins was the first one to figure out that Chris Brown can sing way good.
Chris Brown has admitted that once he was enjoying Usher performing “My Way” and he started trying to copy his singing style. Suddenly, his mom was left amazed by hearing his son singing the way he was doing. Also checkout about Alissa Violet.
Contacts & Social Media
|Instagram:||@chrisbrownofficial (78.5M+ Followers)|
|Twitter:||@chrisbrown (32.6M+ Followers)|
|YouTube:||Chris Brown (21.3M+ Subscribers)|
Chris Brown’s Legal Issues
Chris Brown has always been in the limelight for one or another reason. But in 2009, it wasn’t a good reason for coming into the headlines of media. He was pleaded guilty to an attack on his then-girlfriend and famous singer Rihanna. He was sentenced to six months of community service and five years of probation.
Apart from that, he was reported for assaulting a man outside a hotel for which he faced so much criticism and hate. But, Chris Brown has suffered all the punishments, and now he is free of any charges due.
Chris Brown is now going good in his career as well as in his personal life.
Also read about: