TikTok is one of the fastest-developing social media applications of all time. The platform has a dashing one billion-plus users, and the engagement rates are way higher than a few other leading platforms. Most people were not sure initially and thought of TikTok as an application for teenagers to create quirky dance challenges.
The platform has busted all the myths and has cut itself a niche in the marketing ocean. TikTok’s awesome features are one of the many reasons that it has become the giant it is today. The app provides creative, editing, and collaboration features, allowing individuals, influencers, and marketers to create fun and interactive videos.
Stitching videos on TikTok is a fun way to partner with other creators and create some really engaging videos. Take a viral TikTok video and create Stitch with it so that more audiences will see your video. Additionally, you can check out TikScoop to download TikTok videos of other top creators. With that, you can get inspiration and create new content with your own twists and turns.
One of the popular TikTok collaborative and editing features is the Stitch feature. It is a simple-to-use editing feature that can be utilized to enhance your marketing strategies and improve engagement. Here, in this article, let’s find out how to use the TikTok Stitch feature to create engaging videos:
TikTok Stitch Feature
Stitch is an editing and collaboration tool available for both business and personal TikTok accounts. This feature enables you to clip a scene from another user’s video and add it to your video. That clipped scene can be between 1 to 5 seconds long.
Just like Duet, Stitch is another TikTok editing feature used to interact directly with other creators’ videos. It allows you to interpret and make use of other creators’ posts by creating memes, reaction videos, and comedy skits.
If you create a video using the TikTok Stitch feature, you should remember to give credit to the original creator in your content’s caption and mention their page. It may be a new feature, but it is essential for marketers to make use of viral videos and create Stitch with them. If so, you can increase the chances of your brand becoming famous on the TikTok platform.
Things to Know About Stitch Permissions
To create Stitch videos from other people’s content and control whether your video can wind up in other people’s Stitch, you must learn how TikTok’s in-app permissions work.
You can also cross-promote your TikTok Stitch videos on Instagram by adding your TikTok video’s link to your Instagram story. The alternate method is to download your TikTok video and then post it on Instagram. To download your TikTok video without any watermarks, use the free tiktok downloader and then cross-promote it. By doing so, your videos will get more engagement.
Once after downloading the TikTok app, the Stitch feature will be enabled by default. That means other TikTok creators may utilize your content to create Stitch videos. To modify the default settings, here are the steps to decide who can Stitch your videos.
- Step 1: Go to your TikTok Profile.
- Step 2: Hit the menu button at the top right side of the screen. Then you will go to the Settings and Privacy page.
- Step 3: Click Privacy.
- Step 4: Ensure that the Private Account is off.(because you can neither Stitch other’s videos nor anyone can Stitch your videos if you are a Private Account).
- Step 5: Scroll down and click Stitch.
- Step 6: You will see three options: Everyone, Friends, and Only Me. By default, it will be in Everyone. However, you may modify it based on your needs.
You can only Stitch with other people’s content if they have enabled Stitch in their videos. TikTok also lets you enable and disable Stitch for each and every individual video. After filming your video, go to the Post page on TikTok, there you can enable or disable the Stitch feature by clicking the toggle buttons.
How to Create a TikTok Stitch Video?
If you want to utilize other creator’s content to create a Stitch, use these below steps:
- Step 1: Open the TikTok application and select a video you want to use.
- Step 2: Click the arrow at the bottom right of the home screen. This will bring up a list of content-sharing options along with the Duet and Stitch buttons. If one of the buttons is gray, it indicates that the creator has not enabled that feature.
- Step 3: Click the Stitch button if it is available.
- Step 4: Utilize the slider at the bottom to choose up to 5 seconds from the content and tap Next in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Step 5: Film the rest of your video as you would record a regular video.
- Step 6: After recording, click the checkmark. Then you will find a preview of your completed video.
- Step 7: Include filters, texts, and music, and then tap Next.
- Step 8: Include your captions and hashtags. In the captions section, you will see the original creator is tagged by default.
- Step 9: Modify your Share settings.
- Step 10: And then finally, click Post to share your Stitch video.
TikTok Stitches are the type of video content through which you can use other people’s viral videos and get virality for your videos. If you want, you can download your Stitch videos using TikScoop, and also you can download multiple videos at once. Then, you can view and share the downloaded videos offline.
How Can Brands Use TikTok Stitch Features?
Brands can utilize the Stitch feature to:
- React to popular memes.
- Create fact-check videos about services, products, or general niches.
- Inspire UGC by creating a challenge and encouraging the audiences to make Stitches and to mention their brand name.
The Stitch feature on TikTok will help you to build trust among your audiences. Many brands use this awesome feature to collaborate, recreate, and introduce new product launches of their brands on the TikTok platform. You can also use Stitch to improve your brand’s online presence.
Take advantage of TikTok’s famous sounds, incorporate them in your videos, and amplify your exposure. If you use trending and popular songs in your videos, your Stitch videos will receive more engagement.